Float Glass Range
The term “float” refers both to a type of glass and to the technical manufacturing process by which the float glass is made.
Float glass is the basic glass from which almost all the products are derived. It may be clear or coloured, and is produced in large, high quality sheets (6 x 3.21 m) that are normally processed into secondary products by the company.
The glass float process involves literally floating the molten glass on a bath of liquid tin, producing a perfectly flat surface on both sides.
We stock a vast amount of products, ranging in thicknesses from 4mm – 19mm.
We can provide the following float glass:
- Clear float glass
- Picture glass (2mm float -1220×915 & 1830×1220)
- Coloured glass (body tinted)
- Low emissivity (E) glass
- Low iron glass
- Diffused picture glass (2mm – 2140×1325)
- 3mm Horticultural Glass (610×610, 610×457, 1422×730)
- 4mm Horticultural Glass (1670×1730)
- Solar control glass
- Satinised glass
- Matelux acid-etched glass
Please contact us today should you have a specific requirement for any of our float glasses – along with any questions about subjects like the materials/technologies they are designed and produced with, or how long it might take our services to deliver a product of a particularly large size.
- CATEGORY Products We Offer